Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

THE FOUNDATION OF DRUMMING

zaragemca

Hello,brothers of drumming.The foundation of drum-practice is based in the stablishing of the coordination between the brain-modules(right and left) and the limbs(arms,feet,etc)a psyco-motor connection which need also to be reinforced with the proper exercise and adequate feedback with a system to relax during sessions,which if properly set-op would allow at one point to reach faster developments with less efforts.Gerry "Zaragemca".
International Club of Percussionist

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was the ability to coordinate the Axons and Dendrites within the nervous system closing off of the Synapse between them with the chemicals generated by the Boutons, creating a continuous link from one Neuron to another! That is of course if the brain receives the input from the sensory nerves first. Practice induces and strenghtens the path of the memory cells of the brain. :D

My fade-out.....

Jazzman :cool:

Originally posted by zaragemca:

Hello,brothers of drumming.The foundation of drum-practice is based in the stablishing of the coordination between the brain-modules(right and left) and the limbs(arms,feet,etc)a psyco-motor connection which need also to be reinforced with the proper exercise and adequate feedback with a system to relax during sessions,which if properly set-op would allow at one point to reach faster developments with less efforts.Gerry "Zaragemca".

So ... what are you asking? Or are you just telling us how it is? :wave:
Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Good basic intention in sharing this info, & I encourage you to continue to post...but the left/right brain dichotomy so popular in the public mind is not exactly how the brain works.

I encourage all to read Music, The Brain & Ecstasy by Robert Jourdain.

Although a lot---but not all--- of the information you might learn from that book is actually beyond your conscious ability to control, there's a wealth of knowledge that can be of both conversational & practical use.

For instance, there's a particularly revealing comparitive anaysis of how the brain processes & interprets temporal (time-related) & melodic/harmonic hearing.

Archived