Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

May Bass Drum Mic Mount

Beatboy

Has anyone used this product, and is there and issue with vibration. I am trying to clean up my setup, sometimes on a small stage the kick mic stand gets bumped or in the way. I am also looking for good clamp on mic's -mic clip setups, the Shure and Audix seem to look the best,... has anyone had any experience on these. I was told at the local music store (vancouver) that the sennheiser 604-602 put the mic in the wrong spot, Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a major Shure SM-98 fan, becuase they sound great, both live and in the studio.

You might consider using a Shure SM-91, which is a hemispherical condensor mic that you just lay in the kick drum, no stand required.

I'm a big B-52 fan, and I carry a couple littl desk type stands that work good. I place the mic so the blue band is even with the front head (if there is a hole). I've also used LP claws too if you don't mind a bit of an indent on your kick rim.

I hate mic stands in general, especially on drums, as they always seem to get moved, bumped, etc, and if the player moves his/her kit around the mic is out of place. I've a collection fo 98's and a bunch of clamp on devices (claws, etc) so I can attach mics out of the ay but to the kit and hardware, with the exception of the snare. I generally atch the snare mic to the bottom of the most convienent rack tom to facilitate a snare change in case of a broken head.

Live I often use undercymbal mics, since, unlike the studio(particularly for louder music) I'm capturing just cymbals and not an overall kit sound. Clamps on cymbal stands work great, and theres no stand in the way. Keeps the kit looking kewl too.

Hope this is helpful.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived