Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Christmas CD (for sale)

DrummerCafe

A few years ago I recorded a Christmas album with a good friend of mine, Mark Bovee; you can view and purchase the CD HERE .

Just a little extra info on the CD ... incase anyone was curious. I used my GRETSCH (c.1968) Progressive Jazz 4-pc kit on the entire album. The piano is a real grand piano (not a electronic keyboard), and the bass tracks were all done with an upright/double bass. All of the jazz trio and/or rhythm section tracks (piano, bass, drums) were tracked at the same time, in one day, in the same room ... on a stage of a large auditorium; no fixes or overdubs on the rhythm tracks. If congas were substituted for a drumkit, the above statement also applies. All other hand percussion was overdubbed ... obviously ... in the same large auditorium.

This album was a blast to record; just 8 weeks before Christmas of 1998. And if I remember correctly we had hot chocolate and cider between tunes.

Here's a few MP3 128bit audio samples from the CD:

Angels We Have Heard On High

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

I played drums & percussion on the entire album.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Perhaps some of you are looking for some new holiday music ... in which this might fit the bill.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived