Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carter Beauford groove

trator

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big DMB fan here...and yes, Carter is amazing. Probably has the best skills of any musician in the band. Watch him at a show and youll be even more impressed..he has this completely laid back expression as he rails on the drums. That and he always blows cute pink bubles while playing. LOL.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Pirate- Idnarb

Man, if you think Carter Beauford (sp) is amazing, y'all need to check out Mike Portnoy of Dream Theatre!! He can run rings around many of the jazz and progressive rock drummers out there!
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

• 3 weeks later...

Carter Beauford is, indeed, impressive. . .

in a Dennis Chambers sorta way. :eek:

I saw Dennis at a clinic in Philly almost 10 years ago,

blowin' bubbles like he was bored on a Sunday afternoon. . .

while rippin' a [b]hellacious[/b] solo. . .

To clarify, (lest I be set upon by Carter's fans. . .)

CARTER BEAUFORD IS A BAD BOY, MAKE NO MISTAKE!!!!

I love what does.

But, by show of hands here. . . who among us didn't say, the first time you

saw/heard Carter, "He sounds (& looks!) like Dennis Chambers!!"?

Anybody?

Was it jus' me. . . ? :D

I don't know, to me, if the player looks bored or like what s/he's doing is completely effortless and not even worthy of they're own attention, I get bored and inattentive with their performance myself no matter how technically good it is.

I want to see 'em focused, sweating, grimmacing, into it! If they're not, I can (and do) recognize their skill and natural talent but it doesn't move me...

Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images are permitted.

Originally posted by AlanThomas:

I don't know, to me, if the player looks bored or like what s/he's doing is completely effortless and not even worthy of they're own attention, I get bored and inattentive with their performance myself no matter how technically good it is.

I want to see 'em focused, sweating, grimmacing, into it! If they're not, I can (and do) recognize their skill and natural talent but it doesn't move me...

I agree, it's way more exciting.

Cheers

Brenton

Archived