Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rush interview question

Dan South

Hey Drummers - question for you!

Over the years, I've seen dozens of interviews with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, sometimes separately, sometimes together. But I've NEVER seen an interview with Neal Peart? Doesn't he give interviews? He seems like a very articulate person; I would imagine that he would appreciate the opportunity to speak his mind.

If there HAVE been some Peart interviews, could you let me know in which publications and approximately what year? Maybe I can order some back issues.

P.S. Very sorry to hear about his personal tragedy.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey dan,

Neil went through a rought period, he lost his daugther in a car accident and then his wife died a few months later, there is a whole topic on this at the drummer cafe, go to drummercafe.com and check it out. :wave:

Originally posted by Drumlooney:

Hey dan,

Neil went through a rought period, he lost his daugther in a car accident and then his wife died a few months later, there is a whole topic on this at the drummer cafe, go to drummercafe.com and check it out. :wave:

Yes, I understand that, and it was a terrible tragedy. But I've been following Rush since 1979, and I've never seen a Peart interview, so I don't think that the recent tragedy had anything to do with whether he does or does not give interviews. I just want to find out if he ever HAS - even one from many years ago - because I'm curious to read his insights on drums, music, and life in general.

;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Hey Dan, I've been a Rush fan since around the same time maybe "78" - if you want a good look into Neil's philosophys on drumming & life in general, check out his "work in progress" video

He spends alot of time talking over things - this was made in "96" I believe so it might be a bit dated but I recently bought it used and was pretty impressed ! I think it just came out on DVD - good luck !

I'm Todbass62 on MySpace

Hey Dan, Neil has appeared in Modern Drummer numerous times, including a month ago or so. For a good insight into his playing, have a look at his video (A Work In Progress), he does a good bit of explaining his playing philosophy.

--

Rob

I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Archived