Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio LD-80 (good for a drum triggering unit?)

Anodos

This thing's relatively new on the market. I know it's kind of toyish to most of you drummers but I'm a guitarist looking for something to use as a triggering device for my Alesis drum machine for demo work. Trying to tap out tempo's on the Alesis' little finger pads is quite a chore so I'd like to find an alternate triggering device. The Casio unit is only a couple of hundred bucks. It's got small pads like an Octapad, except round, but they're much bigger than the tiny pads on the Alesis. I really like the way this thing is setup (position of the pads and so on) and it has midi and velocity sensitivity, so I should be able to just connect to the Alesis with no problem I would think.

Any opinions would be appreciated. I've never owned anything like Octapads before so I don't really know what I'm getting into. Just please bear in mind that I couldn't care less about the built-in sounds of the Casio unit; I merely want to trigger my Alesis machine with it. Are there any problems with Casio or my agenda for using it? And yes, I realize that this thing isn't built like a tank and won't last a long time but it's cheap enough I'm not concerned with that. I've spotted them at Ebay and other places for less than $150.

Thanks guys.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived