Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lee Flier - that ride you mentioned a while back...

sidereal

Hey Lee,

Long time no type. :) I remember a while back you mentioned "the perfect" ride cymbal that your drummer uses. I believe it was a Zildjian.

I'm looking to get a new ride to replace my Paiste Sig Dry. I'm considering a K Custom 20". Can you tell me what it was again, and what kind of characteristics it has?

Thanks much! ;)

Just for the record.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sidereal!

Yes, it's a Zildjian 20", but our drummer has had it for a long time and can't for the life of him remember the exact model (the markings have long since rubbed off). It's an older cymbal though, I don't know if they make them anymore. :( It has a fairly small bell, and sounds like a jazz ride in many respects. The bell doesn't totally overpower the rest of the cymbal's tone, and he gets a LOT of different tones out of it depending where and how he hits it. It is just a sweeet sounding ride.

A lot of times he leaves it here for when we record or rehearse but he's got it right now, otherwise I'd try to find the model etched in the cymbal... I'll try and remember to look/ask him at our gig tomorrow. Or you can go to our web site (in my sig), we have a forum on there and you can ask him yourself.

It's tough to find a great ride! The K customs are definitely cool, that's what mine is, but they do all sound different even within the same model... grrrrr.... :D

--Lee

Archived