Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Evans EQ Muffler problems.....

captain54

I thought I would try the Evans EQ muffling system on my kick, and although it does the job and the adjustable movement works, I've noticed lately that the sticky backing on the velcro strip doesnt hold to wood shell anymore...

Has anyone else had this problem??? How would one reattach the velcro strips without damaging your shells adhesive or glue...???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Captain,

I have the same problem. This would likely vary from drum to drum depending upon whether or not the inside of the BD is finished, or has been polished.

My solution was to purchase a roll of double-sided tape for carpeting installation - available at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

I attach the tape to the underside of the velcro strips to go on the BD, and it works pretty well.

I think Evans might re-think the strength of the velcro - way too strong for this application, given that you'll want to experiment with different placements.

Like Remo's new BD mufflers, these strips are obviously better suited to putting it there and leaving it there!

All that said, I love the way my BD sounds with the EQ Pad!

Hey, great suggestion...Definetly going to give it a try....

It would seem Evans could have designed this with about 3/4 less velcro and the pad would probably still stay in place...again, there is way too much velcro attached to the plastic positioning handle and I've loosened the adhesive backing from the handle cause the velcro is locked so tight to the pad....

Great concept there Evans, but this thing definetly needs some refining.....

Archived