Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has the sampled drum quality peaked out?

not coaster MODERATOR

I'm talking about the really nice full set ups with midi drums. I'm wondering if there is any improvement being made in this area of music. Or, like keyboards in general there seems to be little notable improvements.

I know that the "in betweens" on the hat have been around a while. What about in betweens on other pieces including snare and cymbals?

What do some of you consider the state of the art drum machine?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to www.clavia.se and go to the ddrum sound library.

You'll find over 1000 sounds which can be played back with the ddrum sample transfer tool (also to be downloaded over there).

On pc speakers they sound quit allright, when playing them back from a ddrum4 set it sounds even better.

i'm thinking Cereal's talking more about the technology than samples themselves.

it's a great question- i wonder too.

it seems like multisamples are the way to go. there are 2-trigger pads, but i bet in the near future we'll see a midi snare with a mesh head that plays 64 different samples, depending where & how hard you hit it.

i'm off to download- thanks for the links, guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I own several drum and percussion machines in my studio. Each has their place in my music. A lot of times I play real drums along with the machine to add a more realistic touch, usually for the cymbals.

The V-drum set by Roland is sweet to play. I plan on getting a set soon, great for studio applications.

Drum machines will always be around, because they don't complain or get tired of playing! :D

Jazzman :cool:

Archived