Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

E-learning

oriol

Hi everybody! I'm a bass player (what am I doing here?) :D but I'm very interested in drums and (specially) percussion. There's one thing that's going around my head for a while and I have one question for you drummers : what do you think about learn music through the world wide web? Do you know this site? : Virtualdrummerschool

Great drummers teaching you how to play...while you are sitting at home!

Let me know. Your thoughts are important to me.

Thanks a lot

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some very cool stuff!!!

I about fell out of my chair when I watch the Free Lesson of Ignacio Berroa. The have the written translation of what you are hearing on the video ... and when Ignacio says "gig", they translated it as "geek". Interesting that they made through the thick Cuban accent for everything but that particular word.

I thought for certain that these videos were just going to be from existing instructional videos, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The have spent the money to get these guys to do specific lessons for the Virtual Drum School. Sure hope he breaks even financially. Great idea though!

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Yes, great idea! It all started with Salvador Niebla, one of the greatest drummers from Spain. Some years ago, while taking lessons with Peter Erskine, he thoght "why do I have to take the airplane to do lessons with him, maybe the world wide web can fill the gap". A pioneer? Maybe...He's a smart guy, in 1996 he began to take contact with the greatest drummers he could (I think the first was Bill Bruford) explaining to them what was a revolutionary idea at that time.

I don't know much more about it...Does he earn enough money with this virtual school? Not yet I think, but this will work....

Archived