Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Common traits of bass players

Dan South

Hey Drummer friends! Congrats on your anniversary.

Over on the Bass forum, we were trying to list common traits of bass players. It rapidly degraded into a mutual admiration festival. :) Not surprising. We don't know anything about bass players, because none of us have ever PLAYED with one. :D

So, here I am on the drum forum looking for a reality check. What are some common bass player traits? Neat/messy? Late/punctual? How do they dress? What do they drink? What do they drive? What are their girlfriends like? What's their role in the band (musically/socially)? Gabby/quiet? Serious/clowns? Stuff like that...

Thanks!!!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan.......Most bass players that I know are quiet, well mannered, perfectionists, have a good sense of humor, sometimes late, not shy, and willing to do what it takes to get the project rolling. Clean cut and in general a great bunch of guys I don't mind hanging around with.

I play bass myself, I think I also carry some those traits.

Take care my friend.......

Have you laied out any more tracks lately??

Jazzman :cool:

I agree with Jazzman. Most bassists I know are people I don't mind introducing to the girlfriend or the parents. Guitarists, on the other hand, should be kept in the cargo truck until it's time to go on, then replaced when the show's over.

Archived