Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TD-10 ROM Error

jbr

Hi All,

I was syncing together my Triton, TD-10 and PTLE. After correcting some settings because of "Data Overload" messages on the TD-10, all seemed to be working fine...with the exception of a couple more MIDI Rx & Tx switches that needed adjusting.

As I was continuing my fun, I glanced over at the TD-10 and the LCD was blank...as if the contrast had been fully turned up. Also, the entire board was frozen..all buttons, sliders and knobs. My only recourse was to reboot the TD-10. It started fine and everything looked ok, but when I started the sequencer, the sounds from the TD-10 were screwed-up, especially from the snare pad and kick pads...but depended on the chosen program.

The TD-10 froze again during the next test so this time I re-initialized it. This did not remedy the problem. The sounds emanating from the TD-10 were still bizzare. Even scrolling through the list of instruments revealed oddities...for example a crash sound from the desription of a snare. I then ran the internal tests which revealed a ROM Err for test 2. It read BAT..ok ROM...Err WAV...ok

After talking to service in Vancouver and Toronto, the TD-10 is on it's way to be diagnosed and hopefully a simple and low-cost fix. Just my luck. It's only a 1 1/2 years old with very low mileage. It sits stationary in my home studio and has been since I set it up Sept. 2000.

Is it possible for CC# from other gear to interfere and write into the TD-10? Has anyone ran into this problem, or had similiar experiences?

Jim

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived