Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever play on stage w/another Drummer(same time)

Jazzman

Howdie all, I did this a long time ago, it was cool, the other drummer exchanged passages with me.

It was hard to not show off, but sounded awesome and the crowd loved it. We got a standing ovation( well they were all standing in the first place......because they were all dancing, HE,HE!) We only did this in a couple of songs, the other times we had taken turns playing on other percussion instruments on stage, and we were each showcased. This only happened to me once, I'll never forget the feeling. ;)

I went to a music store last year and in the drum and percussion room (very large area), 5 drummers and a gal playing the congos heated up the place. It was awesome, and they were all together. The store manager had to shut the doors to the room, they were tearing up the place! :D:D

Have any of you folks ever have this happen to you? What did it feel like? Would you ever do it again if given the chance?

Peace.......Drums say it all!

Jazzman :cool:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it would depend on if the other guy was pushing me along or if I had to drag an anchor around.

It can be good or bad.

I think it's fun but don't prefer it in a band situation.

It's like having 2 bass players.

Things can get a bit messy.

Watching or playing with 1 or more drummers is great but not when you start adding other instruments such as a band situation.

Infact, I would rather play with other people rather than just play with myself

:D

Archived