Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stupid Economy !@#$&

drumtrav

Man brothers I'll tell ya, I have felt the effects of the economy slowing first hand now. I was laid off of my glorious computer job because of the sells not being there. I was making quite a good living at it as well. Now I am forced to go back to work at Guitar Center and sell drums once again. It's not a bad job, but it does not pay worth a dam. At least I can be around drumming a little bit more now. It seems as if there are thousands of technical guys like myself in this area that are trying to get computer gigs as well.

I have been told on several occasion's that I was over qualified for the position. They didn't even care that I was unemployed, and I explained that I needed any income that I can get. Man this sucks, espically this time of the year.

Maybe I'll take my earnings from Guitar Center and play the lotto :)

Thanks for listening to my frustrations.

Drumtrav

Drumtrav

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Drumtrav, it's bad here in MI, thousands and thousands are being laid off in the automotive biz. Really bad.

Because of this lay-off, we will probably get what we ask for at a hamburger joint for once. I guess that was a bad joke!

Something will come up for you, don't get down on yourself. That same thing happened many years ago to me too. Wasn't funny either, had two boys, wife and a dog at the time. I found a job in Alaska on the oil fields and was on my own at the age of 29. Was there for 3 years doing engineering work on $500,000,000.00 projects! Glad I did too. I never turn down work unless it's unsafe. I work for General Motors, and man they are cutting down on everything,(same with the other auto groups too) and it's busting the tooling industry and new product line launches. Not to mention every damn industry that builds items for the cars and trucks. Steel mills, foundries, engine plants, dealerships, mining, glass plants, oil companies, tire plants, Fiberglas plants, shipping, engineering, testing facilities, controls, robotics, etc. just think about it for a while, not good.

This war is taking it's toll on the US, we're better then this! Keep your eyes and ears open, and make contacts as much as possible. Don't give up.

PS..........Felix, your right!

Best of luck drumtrav..........

Jazzman :cool:

Interesting that Bush Sr. fought a war in the mid-east while the economy was tanking, and you see his son following right in his footsteps. Clinton's fault... riiiight. I guess you weren't one of those enjoying the economic successes of the last 8 years, felix.

I'm riding out these rough times by not doing the full-time job thing, and instead focusing my time on what I enjoy: writing and making music. I can generate a bit of income with both, so I'm just biding my time until things turn around.

Just for the record.

Gas isn't 5 dollars a gallon either.

Politics...I won't get into it with a West Coaster....

To really understand politics one needs a great deal of money to get on the inside. Maybe you know this? Maybe you don't. I'd say most polititians are on the take and their agendas sway to the highest bidder. I don't think anyone here really knows much more than what the media feeds us. But don't get me going about the media.

I'll be sensitive and spare you what I really think...I keep abreast of the political climate as best I can.

Archived