Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Holiday Online Drummers Needed!

nowRECORDING

Our users need drummers for their Holiday projects! Please Help! Or, if you have a favorite holiday tune whether its an old standard or an original, wed like you to post your holiday project to nowRECORDING for collaboration with other musicians. Once you have them mixed to your satisfaction, send them in and well stream them all on nowRECORDING radio (with your approval) for everyone to listen to and enjoy during the holiday season!

The great thing about nowRECORDING is that you can collaborate on a global scale with any other digital recording musician, regardless of the software or hardware! Simply upload your track to nowRECORDING.com in mp3 format for other members to download and import into their systems. Its that simple! Have a favorite mp3 encoder/decoder? Let us know and well add it to our site...

We at nowRECORDING firmly believe that online music collaboration is the future, and that the Holiday Jams can really show the potential of this revolutionary medium. Wherever you live, we look forward to your use of nowRECORDING as we launch the site. Of course, this also gives us the opportunity to fine-tune our site and test out the project upload and edit functionality that weve been working on, work that has been driven by comments from you-- our users. Weve still got a lot to do, so stay tuned for many new and exciting changes...

Having any problems? Email us at support@nowRECORDING.com or call 877-532-1827 for general comments or questions regarding your account.

Lastly, PLEASE tell your friends about us! This is a community site by musicians and for musicians, so the more members contributing the better the quality of collaboration.

Remember, the future of recording is NOW!

Henry Hutton and the nowRECORDING Team

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not as kind as Felix. I'll do it for a flat fee of $60/hour.

I always love "The future of X is NOW!" style of marketing. You can throw anything in there and it works.

"The future of waffle makers is NOW! (operators are standing by.)"

Just for the record.

Yeah, and to make the hype even worse, I highly doubt ol' "nowRECORDING" would ever respond to any queries or comments anyone has in this thread. I'm guessing whoever they are, they just bounce from forum to forum and post their advertising hype.

Yeah, Mr. "nowRECORDING", THAT'S what I'll do. I'll do a bunch of FREE stuff for YOU, so that YOU can make money off it at MY expense. Tell ya what "nowRECORDING". I have some wonderful "ocean front" property in Arizona I'll sell you for only $35,000 an acre. Buy at least 100 acres, and I'll GIVE you a jingle or holiday cut, ABSOLUTELY FREE! ACT NOW! Call "1-877-GET-LOST" NOW! The future of Arizona oceanfront property is NOW! My operator is standing by!"

Personally, I think it's in pretty poor taste to come to another companies message board or forum and advertise their company. This or any other forum should charge nowRECORDING a minimum of $5,000 U.S. for using the forums to advertise it's company. Bet ya if they have to pay out a few grand, or get sued a time or two, they'll stop it. Just another form of spam, IMHO.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always have what you've always had.

Wow, sorry about upsetting you guys. I take it most of you charge for your talents, and that's fine. We simply thought it would be fun to work on some holiday stuff...My apologies. It's not really like we're selling anything, we're just trying to build a collaborating community.

Originally posted by felix stein:

No problem...I'm have a holiday sale for my time- it's only 50 dollars per hour!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that great? I hear one can get Terry Bozzio for only 75 bucks per hour. Whatta bargain. I can cut a helluva jingle bells on double bass.

I can agree that you hear that kind of thing alot, although we do think that online collaboration will really start to grow in the future, and tied that in with our name.

Maybe too hokey? Anyway, we didn't mean to piss you guys off.

Originally posted by sidereal:

I'm not as kind as Felix. I'll do it for a flat fee of $60/hour.

I always love "The future of X is NOW!" style of marketing. You can throw anything in there and it works.

"The future of waffle makers is NOW! (operators are standing by.)"

I'll definitely check into that, we've certainly had several users request drummers for their projects. We're just coming out of some beta testing though, so I'll follow up with you. Thanks for joining and offering your talents.

Originally posted by DerekDrums:

I registered and looked for projects needing drums, for any style, and there wasn't any results. Eh?

Derek

http://www.mp3.com/DustinDerek

Hey, I came back! (maybe I shouldn't have?) Anyway, we're just looking to build a community site where musicians can find talent that they can't find locally, find instruments they can't locate, or hook up with old bandmates that have split to other locations. This is a great site and I thought I'd leave this message. We're excited about it and maybe came across too strong.

We believe that the growth of the internet will enable this capability to happen, whether it's nowRECORDING, Tonos, Rocket Network or some of the other guys. We'd just hate Microsoft to grab it...

We don't get involved in the collaboration, we just make the interface. So really we don't make a dime off of the songs that are created. As a matter of fact, we're NOT making any money now and will stay that way into the near future- we just need members to help grow the potential, to get together and make great things happen.

We NEED your input to grow our site, and if we went about it the wrong way please accept my apologies.

Originally posted by ModernDrummer:

Yeah, and to make the hype even worse, I highly doubt ol' "nowRECORDING" would ever respond to any queries or comments anyone has in this thread. I'm guessing whoever they are, they just bounce from forum to forum and post their advertising hype.

Yeah, Mr. "nowRECORDING", THAT'S what I'll do. I'll do a bunch of FREE stuff for YOU, so that YOU can make money off it at MY expense. Tell ya what "nowRECORDING". I have some wonderful "ocean front" property in Arizona I'll sell you for only $35,000 an acre. Buy at least 100 acres, and I'll GIVE you a jingle or holiday cut, ABSOLUTELY FREE! ACT NOW! Call "1-877-GET-LOST" NOW! The future of Arizona oceanfront property is NOW! My operator is standing by!"

Personally, I think it's in pretty poor taste to come to another companies message board or forum and advertise their company. This or any other forum should charge nowRECORDING a minimum of $5,000 U.S. for using the forums to advertise it's company. Bet ya if they have to pay out a few grand, or get sued a time or two, they'll stop it. Just another form of spam, IMHO.

I'll definitely check into that, we've certainly had several users request drummers for their projects. We're just coming out of some beta testing though, so I'll follow up with you. Thanks for joining and offering your talents.

Originally posted by DerekDrums:

I registered and looked for projects needing drums, for any style, and there wasn't any results. Eh?

Derek

http://www.mp3.com/DustinDerek

Archived