Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland question (spd 6)

jscoin

does anyone have the rolad spd-6? the percussion one with 6 pads?i was thinking about getting one...and do u think that is a good investment? the main reason i am getting it is because my gigs have started to increase and i wanted to get that to lower the amount of stuff i bring. and since u can hook a pedal up to it, which i want to use as a bass drum, what pedal do u recomend, i have a bass pedal (has to be under $100)...thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De SPD-6 only has footswitch inputs, not pad or trigger inputs. So you can play a kick sound with a footswitch, but there's no dynamic difference.

In my opinion the SPD-6 is overpriced. You'd better look for a used SPD-11 or SPD-20.

I have the SPD-20 which I was triggering for live shows a while back. worked fine. nothing to get all giddy about, but it's cool.

Are you saying you're going to play with just this thing and a foot pedal? Not to be insulting or anything, but isn't that a bit nerdy?

Just for the record.

Ah... okay. You're still cool then. :)

With the foot pedal input you should be fine. There are plenty of generic pedal triggers out there. You can set one of the pads to a closed hat and one right next to it to an open hat. That should be the only issue. Should work great! Go for it.

Just for the record.

Archived