Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oysterhead

felix stein

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by felix stein:

Sounds like Primus. Big phat boring groove but besides that gnarly vocals and boring drums...nice bass tones, but I like huge electric guitar as opposed to big bass. Dumb lyrics. I must be getting old.

Can't get into it.

You're not alone, Felix. I can't get into it, either, even though I really tried. That group had so much promise.

I agree. I liked Primus "back in the day" -- the first live EP (Suck On This) was pretty revolutionary in its time. Everything after that has been kind of boring to me. I think Claypool is very talented, but almost everything he does is like cartoon music.

I kind of wish he'd play in a band where he wasn't "the leader." That way he could shut up and play.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

I have to concur with the above...

Everything in that band sounds "disconnected"....each of their own entity is ok, but when you put it together, something is missing., IMHO...

Maybe they need a few Britney Spears clones humping and pumping and jumping around the stage during their sets...(just kidding)

Archived