Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

an amazing musician

rlhubley

Friday night I went to a club on Austin's famous 6th street called the Mercury. I was there to see Charlie Hunter. I want to share a little about him with you all.

CH plays an 8 string guitar, up top are 3 bass strings, under those are 5 guitar strings. There are seperate pickups for the bass and the guitar. The strings are angled on the body of the instrument which forces the frets to be angled as well.

He plays the bass with his thumbs, and the guitar with his fingers. This is REALLY cool to see, but he also plays very musically.

CH has appeared on Stanton Moore's solo album, played with Galactic, MMW, and many others.

I reccomend you all go to his website and download some of his tunes. www.charliehunter.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Charlie Hunter's a bit of a local hero here in the bay area. I've seen him several times over the past 10 years or so.

This weekend Stu Hamm (bassist for Satriani) opened up for my band with a little fusion project he put together. Kind of a trip having Stu open up for us. Very cool dude.

Just for the record.

Archived