Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Schlagwerk Percussion

DrummerCafe

While I was at PASIC, I finally was able to check some of the wonderful instruments Schlagwerk makes. I've been hearing and reading out their cajones for years and only now have had a chance to play them.

Let me tell, this company makes some great stuff!

I fell in love with a set of three drums called Cajongas ... which I just had to buy!

http://www.schlagwerk.de/english/Grafik/cajonga.jpg

A special thanks goes out to Uwe Salwender for all his patience while I jammed on his drums, and to American Airlines who helped me get these on the plane for my trip home.

If you're curious how these drums sound, follow this link to hear a demo!

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I also picked up some cool shakers by Schlagwerk Percussion .

Double Shaker - Prof (SK40) is a wooden shaker (birch/beech) with two fill-chambers for diverse playing possibilities and the multi-chamber system creates a stereo effect. Rectangular shape; 24 x 5 cm. I bought the natural wood finish version; also comes in black.

The Grooy Shaker is a wooden shaker, cylindrical shape

45 x 100mm with two-chamber system, Steel-ball fill.

This small, light precision shaker is highly durable and combines all the desired features of a shaker with the

playing scope of the Caxixi. Play it horizontally and it sounds like a shaker, play it vertically and it sounds

like a Caxixi. I bought two; one is a natural wood finish, the other is black.

If you are in the market for some cool shakers ... I highly recommend these ... if you can find them!

For more info, go to Schlagwerk Percussion . I just found an on-line catalog in PDF format, complete with descriptions and photos. You can also here some musical examples of these great instruments.

I used the Groovy Shaker on these McDonalds commercials (jingles) that I recently played on. One tune was a swung latin groove; swung sixteenths (ala HipHop) ... and the Groovy Shaker was great for that! Easy to control, clean and with a GREAT timbre. I HIGHLY recommend you pick-up some of these wood shakers.

Archived