Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emergency spam for Nicedrums members.

ian1642605905

Nicedrums members,

It appears that the forum was hacked! I've pasted an email that I recieved from Stu(administrator)to let everyone know the stiuation:

------------------------------------------------------------

Ian, thanks for your concern, I've been working flat-out to get this problem sorted. Basically, whats happened is, the forum was somehow deleted from the server and all info lost. By that I mean EVERYTHING has vanished, all the posts, members the lot. Im not sure what caused it, whether it was a major problem at Prohosting or if we got hacked or something, but its really pissed me right off. One thing that is troubling me, is that '****' was showing up as a deleted member, which I hadn't done nor has anybody got the power to, so its possible we got hacked. Especially as this happened right before the forum vanished.

Anyway, all is not lost as I have re-located the forum back to the old server, you can get there by typing in www.nicedrums.com and updating your bookmark. If you could spread the word around in the other forums, that would be great! :) The forum is back to where it was a few weeks ago, as I hadn't made any backups of the new stuff :(

Anyway, Im still working on the site, so I must go, but thanks for your concern. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

ian*

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bartman:

What a shame that happened. :mad: If it did intend get hacked ... why do people do that? You know, if they would use their free time learning a cool :cool: instrument like the drums, they wouldn't have time for such nonsense!

Bart, be sure to check in @ www.nicedrums.com

email me or stu if you want your member status updated!

ian

ian*

Congrats on the new moderator postion Ian; I know you'll do a great job ... as you already have shown.

Peace.

P.S. I'd like to invite you all to visit the Drum Ring Forum if you get the chance from time to time. I've been trying to generate some traffic, but I seem to spend all my time right here at the MusicPlayer Drum Forum! LOL What can I say, this is a great forum. I only wish I could have as nice of one at the Drum Ring . Unfortunately, I've been unsuccessful in getting our Drum Ring members to participate, which is the key to creating traffic. Oh ... and I am by no means trying to steal anyone from this forum. Besides, it would be a futile attempt at best.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

The Drum Ring International is an on-line organization for professional drummers and percussionists from around the world.

If you are a professional drummer or percussionist AND you have your own personal web site, you are welcome to join the Drum Ring International; membership is FREE. The Drum Ring allows professionals to network together, creating a strong community of drummers and percussionists. We have an on-line store designed especially for our members and their videos, CDs and/or method books. Only our members may sell their products at the Drum Ring International Store plus offer credit card sales on their personal web sites. There's no set-up fee or cost to place your products in the store.

Current members include: Dom Famularo, Chuck Silverman, Dan Wojciechowski, Doug Tann, Tony Royster Jr., Garey Williams, Rick Gratton, Paulinho Da Costa, Joe Morris and John Favicchia ... just to name a few.

http://DrumRing.org

It may sound elitist, but it's not. Since there are many webrings and organizations for drummers, I created the Drum Ring for the working professional. You can read the Criteria for Membership (on the Drum Ring website) for further detailed information.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Archived