Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EQ3?

lo0zer

Hey guys, still on the subject of heads, but this time for my bass drum:

i'm using EQ3's right now and i looooove how they sound(ed) but i've had them for a while now and they're about dead. I was just wondering, before i go get another set of EQ3's, if anyone has used these and found a head that sounds better. I know i'm bad about asking 'opinion' questions, but i've only been drumming for 3 years and a figured most of you guys have been at it for a decade or more. Thanks for any help!

Oh and on a side note:

My friend, who is also the bassist in the band i'm in, was in our local (yet very poor quality) music store looking for a new bass. While we were there, i figured i'd pick up a couple pairs of sticks. So i asked the guy behind the counter for the stick size i wanted (5B, which i thought was a pretty common size) and it turns out they didn't have any. So he handed me 5A's, and proceeded to get out a pair for himself and he starts showing off on a practice pad, or so he thought. So i took mine out and matched him stroke for stroke. I was laughing really hard on the inside, cuz he looked like he wss putting all he had into it and i was doing what he had plus adding in subdividing strokes here and there. The funny thing is that right before that, he had said how he was thinking about giving lessons. Sorry, just had to share that :D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yah, that's funny. I would have said "is that all you got?"..."whoever taught you sucked...."

No I wouldn't say that. Have to get over being better than other people or people being "better" than you...I know it's hard but it's not what drumming or music is about. Now if they are an ass, go get them.

I like 5A's more than 5B's...there is a little less lumber

Originally posted by lo0zer:

Hey guys, still on the subject of heads, but this time for my bass drum:

i'm using EQ3's right now and i looooove how they sound(ed) but i've had them for a while now and they're about dead. I was just wondering, before i go get another set of EQ3's, if anyone has used these and found a head that sounds better.

You may want to try the EQ4. It will give you a more musical tone than does the EQ3, a bit more depth to the tone.

Originally posted by felix stein:

Have to get over being better than other people or people being "better" than you...I know it's hard but it's not what drumming or music is about. Now if they are an ass, go get them.

Oh believe me, i'm the last person to ever say i'm good, in fact i'm always telling everyone how much i suck :)

I just thought it was funny, cuz that guy WAS an ass, he let my friend see the basses they were getting in in the next few days, but he covered up the prices, my guess is because he's gonna overcharge like a mother

I just play drums for the love of it, i just love to drum. If someone's better than me, i pay attention closely and see if i can pick up some of their techniques. I've never been one to brag, but i can see how what i wrote could be interpreted as bragging. I'm just a lowly drummer, constantly learning and observing to better myself :)

Archived