Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Went to a GREAT concert last night...

rlhubley

GALACTIC played Stubb's BBQ here in Austin, TX last night. It is a really cool outdoor venue downtown. I don't know how many of you guys are hip to this band, but man they are really good. Stanton Moore is an incredible drummer. He reminds me of Zigaboo, in his feel, but also reminds me Dennis Chambers, because the whole time he plays he has a silly grin on his face. The guy smiles from ear to ear, and obviously LOVES drumming. He really gets excited and will stand up and rock out for a second, and occaassionly you'll catch him literally jumping while hitting thie sweet Bosphorous cymbals!

Anyway, they played 2 GREAT sets. For those of you who aren't familiar with Galactic, they are basically a jazz-funk band from New Orleans. REALLY funky, but also play some more rockish tunes. But they have a jazz approach to everything the play, in the sense that there is a lot of improving going on. These guys had the crowd, est 1500+, literally jumping! I thought it was beautiful to see what is basically a jazz band get young people just going off! We all loved it. I highly reccommend you see this band live, and also buy some of their albums.

Just had to share, it was such a great concert, full of incredible, fluid, funky drumming.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived