Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bigger, badder, deeper tom sounds.

Matt.Hepworth

I just started recording a project with a good drummer and a nice kit. Unfortunately, I'm no drummer, and he's no expert tuner. I've had my experience tuning snares, but toms are beyond me. We are looking for that big smacky, gooey, deep tom sound like the samples on all the modern recordings (Prime sth, for example). Problem is he plays on a birch Starclassic FUSION kit. If I could get close to the same punch (maybe not deepness) with tunings, or heads, or both, I'd be VERY happy. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks!

Matt

No clever saying.

No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe I should explain a little more.

Take a line out bus all the tracks/toms in question to another channel where one can eq the verb only.

Well if you have pins on the top...I would suggest a heavier bottom head.

You will figure it out. Some people believe that small drums record "bigger" than big drums anyways if you have them happening.

Originally posted by ian*:

EQ/compression!!!!!!!!!hehehehe!

http://www.geocities.com/shailat2000/MixingDrums.html

This message has been edited by ian* on 09-10-2001 at 04:06 AM

Hi Ian,

This is good info - Thanks!

I was trying to listen to some of these demo's, and unfortunately some of them don't play. Do you know how to get hold of this guy, or doe's he have a webite/e-mail to try to get the rest of the demo's?

------------------

Thanks and God Bless!

Y.B.I.C.

Bill

Thanks and God Bless!

Y.B.I.C.

Bill

Archived