Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rlhubley

felix stein

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felix,

I was there until September of 2000, and he was still there. Tim Peterson had become dept. head. Honestly, I liked Gary at first, but my opinions of him changed greatly. Nothing personal, the man is a great person, and an excellant drummer. For whatever reason it seemed that he lost his desire to teach. I really like his book and curricullum, but I didn't get a whole lot from his actual class. I learned more from just reading the material. The class seemed to be more of, well, I personally didn't get much out of it. He was my private lesson instructor for the first quarter i was there, and he had a very systematic approach that was definitely helpful. He was also GREAT at playing blues drums, and really helped me in the LPW. I wish him the best and hope that he finds the drive that I'm sure he once had.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh...shit, it's been about 6 years now I think. Some Japanese company/individual bought it the year I was there. But it was already sucking. I had to share my practice room with 3 other cats...one a French guy that never bathed, so I would get in there at 10 at night and practice till the wee hours. I wanted to go in the early 80's but I didn't have the munny then. I guess it was cool back then.

I think Ed Roscetti was my PT.

Pederson was great as well. I liked a lot of his diddle exercises.

I can imagine why Gary got sick of the place. I thought it sucked myself.

It is a cookie cutter learning facilty.

Roscetti is one of the coolest guys i've met in the industry. He's got his stuff together. The man plays a great groove, is VERY creative, seems to know a LOT about anything related to drums(including the business side), and has a genuine passion about our instrument and teaching it.

Pederson was also a badass. He had great teaching methods, and seemed to always be striving to get better. His class was a blast, and are some of the most useful.

I wish I would have known Gary in his HeyDay, he seemed tired of the place as i left. But i reccomend his reading book to anyone working on basic reading, or teaching it.

I did not think the place sucked. Sure, it definitly could have been better, but i learned a LOT out there. A lot of useful, applicable information. Now, if I had Steve Houghton's organization and Vinnies discipline, I would come to rule the drumming world!!

Archived