Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

remote single kick pedals?

ackthbtbthotmail.com

Anyone build these things?

I hate bass drums. They screw up all my positioning. So I bought a DW 5000 lefty double pedal to accomodate. But it's a bit much, and I dont like the rebound/feel of where the beater strikes. I'm looking for a single pedal extension, say maybe up to 6 feet, so I can get the bass drum the hell out of the way of the toms and cymbals and snare and other important stuff. Would be nifty for recording, too.

I read about Dave Weckl getting Yamaha to build him one for his 18 inch secondary kick, and I know Bozzio uses a few million of them with his kits of doom, but I can't find any available for retail to my mere mortal self.

Thanks for any help!

Doc

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have seen cats take a left handed cheater pedal and play it with their right foot (the slave pedal)or you can go the other way with your kick (extreme right) and play a regular cheater pedal (double foot pedal for anyone wondering) and just play the slave pedal with your right foot with the kick on that side. Then if you were doing a solo on a gong bass drum or timbale cluster you could get your other foot in the action and throw in some double kick stuff.

Hmmm I want a remote pedal too! Right now I have a Sonor 22" bass and a 16" floortom with bassdrum conversion kit and a ddrum kickpad as well. It would be neat if I could integrate those all in one kit http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Perhaps it's possible to buy one more expensive high quality pedal + a cheapo pedal + the thing(how do you call those in english?) that is between the two pedals. Then use the good pedal for playing and take all the useless stuff of the cheap pedal and attach that one to the bass.

Archived