Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

rlhubley

Stuthumper

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as simply playing one-position(heel-up, or heel-down) i don't notice much difference other than the weight of the beater. The Eliminator is a bit more adjustable, but both are high-quality pedals. As for the cams, here is the break down

White-elongated version of the classic "round" cam.

Black-the class "round" cam(very similiar to the iron cobra "rolling glide")

Blue- 1/2 classic, 1/2 accelerator. THis is the one i play. It is just like the black, but toward the end of the stroke, the came kind of flattens, which accelerates the end of the stroke, but maintains a naturaul feel

Red-This is an extreme accelerator. I'm not a fan of this cam, it's too extreme for me. It's almost like cheating!

Having the choice of cams is pretty nice. I've heard of guys practicing with the black or white, and performing with the blue or red. This would be like practicing with heavy sticks but performing with normal weight. I personally keep with the blue at all times. The pedal comes in strap or chain, however, i don't really notice a difference when comparing the two, they are both VERY smooth. It also has the "power-shifter" feature, the quad beater, adj, grip, and many more adj possibilities. They even made a high-hat using the same basic design, because it is a great design. This is a VERY personal decision, so go to drum shop and check them both out. Both are superb pedals.

Archived