Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pedal Power

Stuthumper

yo guys i got another question for ya. i am soon going to buy a double pedal,at the moment i have a power glide iron cobra single which i can play really fast and i love the pedal.

so i a thinking about getting the double power glide iron cobra,but i wondered if u guys have any opinions on other pedals i don't like the dw pedal i hate the delta 5000 model,my friend has it and i find it poo!

what about the pearl eliminator is that anygood? i will have the chance to play them all but i wonder what people recommend.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow that really comes down to personnel choice, since you've already eliminated the DW 5000. which I Love especially it's adjusting features. The others that I also really like and own are Yamahas and Axis, Oh yea by the way I also prefer the Strap instead of chain , although I have a Double chain on my DW 5000 Delta, because they only make the strap for the narrower footboard,. There again I may be wrong because just recently I've noticed DW making a Strap Pedal for their Wider board the 5002ND I don't know if they make it for a Double pedal yet though.Any who back to your dilemma, Some things to concider with a Double Pedal is Positioning everything around it , Your HiHat , Myself I play it unconventional ,where the Auxilary Pedal is outside of my HiHat pedal. reason is because I prefer my HiHat close to my snare .The other way the HiHat is a distance in relationship to snare. My students have offen asked about this problem , .And although not for everyone he accomplished his problem going to the Dualist single Pedal with double beaters, I've tried it and was very impressed , although its limitation are obvious I still prefer the Double pedal,other Makes of this Pedal are Gemini and now Sonar Giant Step. All of these though are quite pricey even more than a Dw 5000 Delta Double Pedal. I hope this helps somewhat.........serpico3

I used to play the Iron Cobra and switched to the eliminator when i switched technique(i now use the "heel-toe" tech) I found that the response from the iron cobra was a bit lagging. I tried this on numerous cobras because i loved the pedal, but the problem persisted so i switched. The eliminator is one INCREDIBLE pedal. This pedal can be adj in so many different ways. This way you can make the pedal completely personalized.

I used to play the Iron Cobra and switched to the eliminator when i switched technique(i now use the "heel-toe" tech) I found that the response from the iron cobra was a bit lagging. I tried this on numerous cobras because i loved the pedal, but the problem persisted so i switched. The eliminator is one INCREDIBLE pedal. This pedal can be adj in so many different ways. This way you can make the pedal completely personalized.

Archived