Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Triggering Drums..What I am missing with this setup?

Bonafide

I am sorry if this has been covered to death, I don't normally ever visit the drum forum...Thanks in Advance>>

So I have 5 external triggers, 5 pads and plenty of drum sounds by means of drum modules/machines.. OK so what do I need to get this to work? I am presuming a midi interface of some sort..Any suggestions on the budget route? I don't use a computer for any recording purposes. Tons of other gear available but nothing drum related..

The goal is to simply trigger the drum machine sounds from my 'pads'. The triggers have 1/4 inputs.

Any help would be super great!!!!

Thanks again.

Cheers.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Rodney

The Alesis D4 has 12 trigger inputs and almost 500 drum and percussion sounds.

There are piezo elements for some $1 and you can make your own triggers by simply tape them with Gaffer tape to whatever you like.

The most inexpensive sequencer is an old Atari ST or better TT computer.

It handles Cubase very well, it almost never chrashes.

You can sync it to SMPTE via a cheap SMPTE to MTC converter in case you use a tapemachine or something else with SMPTE code.

Within Cubase you can almost do anything with your drumparts (and other midi keyboard parts).

Cubase is not a difficult sequencer, there are good books available and I can send you a floppy with the Cubase program if you like.

Peace.

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived