Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Philly Musicplayer hang?

[quote]Originally posted by TinderArts: [b]Curve, do you have a phone # for the Belleview Hotel? If I come up, I'll need to get a room.[/b][/quote]The Bellevue is now the Park Hyatt. The number is 215.893-1234.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found out Jazzanova (Berlin-based nu jazz) is going to be at Fluid that night for anyone who wants to do the late night thing. The following night is First Friday - that's right: Turtle Studios party in old city with the Fringe Festival in full effect. I still count 7 plus a tentative Ed and possibly Lorne or my brother Kurt if he's in town. I'm going to go ahead and make the reservation at ZB tonight for 8 of us, and adjust it that week if need be.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Eric, Dave and everyone This all souds like a great idea, I would love to be a part of it. I am currently over from Glasgow in Scotland and have been in and out of a few studios in Philly. I'm having a great time. I have been a reader of these forums for a good while now, just dont always have the time to post, but meeting up with you guys would be fantastic. Now here's the potential blocker for me: the laws in this country severely restrict me as I am still 20 (please note this is a mature 20 due to various things) The drinking age in Scotland is 18 and not strict so I am not used to this! So the question to you is this, if I was to attempt to join you at Zanzibar Blue, would I be able to. Is it a strict over 21s place or would I be able to get in and not drink? I will be visiting your other maybe man Ed Hamilton next week so we can discuss plans. In the meantime could you please let me know either on the forums or by e-mail at flyscots@yahoo.com Thanks, hope to SEE you soon John Scotsman

[quote][b]Eric, Dave and everyone This all souds like a great idea, I would love to be a part of it. I am currently over from Glasgow in Scotland and have been in and out of a few studios in Philly. I'm having a great time. I have been a reader of these forums for a good while now, just dont always have the time to post, but meeting up with you guys would be fantastic. Now here's the potential blocker for me: the laws in this country severely restrict me as I am still 20 (please note this is a mature 20 due to various things) The drinking age in Scotland is 18 and not strict so I am not used to this! So the question to you is this, if I was to attempt to join you at Zanzibar Blue, would I be able to. Is it a strict over 21s place or would I be able to get in and not drink? I will be visiting your other maybe man Ed Hamilton next week so we can discuss plans. In the meantime could you please let me know either on the forums or by e-mail at flyscots@yahoo.com Thanks, hope to SEE you soon John Scotsman[/b][/quote]John Scotsman, I'm counting you in. Be there. Pennsylvania liquor law states: •You may eat in the restaurant under any circumstance. •You cannot sit at the bar without someone 21 or over with you, and you cannot drink alcohol. You see? No prob, you're in. Good thing I checked back at the crib today...I didn't make it to ZB yesterday but I'm headed over there now, and I'm gonna make the resy for 8 peeps for now. We got LA in the house... We got Glasgow UK in the house... Who else wants to join the MP Int'l housequake?

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Yeah, let's make it an international eat, meet and greet! The more the merrier. (Yeah, like [i]I'm[/i] gonna pony up for airfare when there's one in New Orleans or Liverpool or New Zealand or ...!) Oops, sorry, my wife's id. <------Sylver------>

Thanks Eric, I will be there. Is the meeting time decided then? I see 6 and 7 written in the posts. I suppose we wont have a final word until closer to the time. If anyone happens to be travelling from the west, along 76, can you please get in touch. When I'm not in Philadelphia I am staying with friends in Lancaster County and dont have my own transport. I'm sure I will be in Philly, this is just incase. Thanks, John

[quote]Originally posted by flyscots: [b]Thanks Eric, I will be there. Is the meeting time decided then? I see 6 and 7 written in the posts. I suppose we wont have a final word until closer to the time.[/b][/quote]I think we settled on drinks at 6 and dinner at 7, yes? dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

[quote]posted by Dave Bryce: [b]quote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Originally posted by flyscots: Thanks Eric, I will be there. Is the meeting time decided then? I see 6 and 7 written in the posts. I suppose we wont have a final word until closer to the time. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I think we settled on drinks at 6 and dinner at 7, yes? dB[/b][/quote]Precisely. We meet at the bar at 6pm, and the dinner table is set for 7pm. I made the reservation last night. Usually ZB demands a credit card # for parties larger than 4...they waved me on this because they know me, but please keep me informed if you have to cancel. The ZB folks are cool peeps and we don't want to put them out.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

This sounds like it is going to be a blast... Bring your best studio war stories folks!

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

Archived