Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New for teaching, like it or not....Drumometer

SoundzapS

The drumometer has been discovered. Drum instructors will decide it's success. We will not have anything to say about it, not will any Editor of any magazine. I was glad to see drummers like Rabb, Verdi and Waterson be active in this new discovery to drumming. It will be successful whether us older drummers like it or not. Someday ( and soon, the way I see it) it will be as popular and necessary as the metromnome. It is hard to teach and old dog new tricks, with some of us. But, it is here, I think it will be valuable, and I see nothing wrong with using it. In fact, I wish (way back when) I took lessons it was available. I would have worked with it, no doubt in my mind.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At npi they had us do the accuracy test for various innerclock tempo practice, i agree it is a most misunderstood instrument. I believe the netronome though met much the same response in it's beginning. The stories of all the Fast debates have overshadow it as a great teaching tool. Do you have one, I have number 171, what's yours?

Yeah, I plan on getting one. Not as a teaching tool, I'm self taught. I'm going to use one for recording progress. Do it once every other day and record how many I can do in a minute. Then after I practice for a few hours with a metronome for a few days, I go back and check it again to see if what I did that day made any progress. Stuff like that, I think it can be a great tool. Get one of those $30 Metropads, and a drumometer, and I can have a portable practice center!

Derek

http://www.mp3.com/DustinDerek

Archived