Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BadAss II Bridges

h364

Originally posted by dnkritr:

I would try one if they didnt say BADASS.

oh well...

Just for the record, when John Nady first invented the wireless microphone, he called it the Nasty Wireless, expecting to sell them to rock bands everywhere. Then he found out the biggest purchasers of wireless mikes were churches who refused to buy it because of the name.

He changed the name to Nady Wireless and is now a very rich man. You should see his house in Oakland. He's a nice guy, too.

Write to Leo Quan, maybe he's had other people who didn't like the name. Or you could buy a Hipshot bridge. I love the one that I have. It doesn't have any name on it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bu nadu:

have any of you installed the badass bridge and do the whole slot cutting thing? is it too expensive (and worth it?)

It shouldn't cost that much to have it done. Buy some new strings from the tech and let him put both on for you.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

• 2 weeks later...
i have a fender highway 1 p-bass, thew badass 2 bridges are sweet in tone, there is a major difference intone when recording, u can tell on the tracks where my friend used my fender insted of his. its a good buy

West

Play hard

express yourself

be free

its a great buy i have a fender highway 1, (p-bass in daphnie blue) the bridge tone is remarkably better when recording, i noted this when my friend borrowed my bass to record, my bass sounded so much better on the same settings, i believe its the bridge.

West

Play hard

express yourself

be free

I put a BAII on my MIM Fretless.

I got a slight increase in sustain, but I just liked the way it looks. I've thought about putting one on my Jaguar but for now i'll just keep it stock.

Filing the slots in th BAII is real easy. Some peeps don't even bother filing a slot, say the string doesnt move anyways.

I filed slots 'cause I wanted a smoother transition between the ramp and crest of the saddle. I later filed the slots deeper as it is a fretless and wanted lower action.

Archived