Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whats Your Favourite Colour

h364

Dave- those Langcasters are lovely. But I want one with "newer" wood, like this one, and I quote:

Langaster 4 string bass guitars made from Sapelle Red wood and Ass body.

http://www.langcaster.com/Bass.Images/Bass-NZL1-sm.jpg

But does it SOUND like Ass? Must make the speakers fart out or something.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good ol' Fender Tobacco Burst. My wife happens to think that a Midnight Wine J or P would look mighty tasty. Would certainly help to hide those Cab Sauv stains.

Would MNW be slightly louder than red and slightly faster than black?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I switched from my order of midnight wine to chrome red, midnight wine seemed like old man bassist, were as the red was like young fresh in your face, so now just the question for the colour of the strap, i like the get'm get'm straps, like the fluffy ones, i was going to get a red cheetah colour, its like a mix of purples and blacks, and would have looked fab with the midnight wine, but just what colour for the chrome red?

If you want to consider resale value, you should choose the most popular. I keep a very complete database on Fenders sold on ebay. Of course the 3tone burst are the most popular but surprisingly the white basses are almost equal.

I personally like the transparent whites over nice grained Ash.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

I just picked up my new Candy Apple Red MIJ Fender Jazz 4 and played it for an hour or so. Looks nice, plays smooth without any adjusting and even though it´s not black, it´s loud! (Maybe 800w@8Ohms into a 410 helps) :D So, as for now, red is my favorite color on a Jazzbass.
What ever...

Archived