Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More Pictures: Michal the Girl @ The Bitter End

getz out

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also attended this gig. It was very successful, as there was no beer spilled.

Oh, the band sounded OK as well.

Tom

{I can't leave it like that - truth is that I am continually taken by how much I enjoy and am moved by this act. I like it on so many levels. Ken's mastery on so many passages (and his solo work) is wonderful. And Michal's voice and songs are so cool. I highly recommend the show (or buy the CD).

It was great to see Maury again, as well as some of the friends that he brings out (my boss was supposed to come but had too much work....}

thanks

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Tom, you left quickly. I did not have time to order up a drink to throw into your lap.

I like this act for many of the same reasons Tom does. I like the lyrics, I like the vocals, I like the music (both performance and arrangement). The songs pop up on my iPod and I never reach for the forward-skip.

It helps that both Ken and Michal are super-nice people. We even learned about Ken's daughter's affinity for belly-dancing.

Thanks for posting pics, Maury ... I'm rather growing to like being stalked in various Manhattan clubs by a guy with a super-high-tech camera, and no shame about using it.

And thank to both of you guys for proving the most hardy of MTG fans.

I'm pretty happy with my pedalboard. The POG rocks, the EBS Octabass kicks tail, and my little Boss Parametric EQ straightened out the aging Hartke cab. Very soon there will be two additions to the board ... I'll post on this once I get them.

Oh and hopefully my daughter's "belly-dancing" career will end up being a passing fancy ... and hopefully that happens before she turns 3.

I'm hoping you'll be swapping boxes on that board - it's pretty crowded already. The struggle with the Octabass on that one song is hard to watch. What you need is a tech to push the buttons for you....

As to the belly-dancing being a passing fancy, you're missing the point. She likes to dance and put herself "out there". You're a dead man. Blame your wife's theatre associations (not that you'll get away with it given the performances you do). I know about this stuff first hand.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by music-man:

Yeah, but I can't imagine her Dad is all that happy about it ...

Oh, I don't know...

Shakira donates school in her hometown.

Her dad is a Lebanese-American and may not be as Puritanical as some of us blanco guys. Shakira learned belly-dancing from an early age at home. Using a fusion of that and contemporary urban dance, a unique voice, and a shrewd marketing strategy, she has parlayed all that into a highly successful career ( Wikipedia on Shakira ).

My oldest boy is just her age and if she were my daughter I'd be mighty proud of her - and not just because of the house in Malibu and Porsche she bought me, either... :D

Archived