Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Knucklehead Strings & TecAmp

saxofunk

Just doing some browsing today and thought I'd mwntion a couple things I've seen around at stores or online.

At stores:

Knucklehead Strings

http://www.knucklehead.com/images/strings_doublewide.jpg

How can you go wrong with with a classy band of redneck cartoon characters like Doublewide, Redheaded Stepchild and Super Mullet on your marketing team? I saw these locally, I may just try them on my G&L.

On the Web:

TecAmp

When I first saw this picture on a Euro-eBay listing, I thought the huge combos of the 70s were back, it looked to me like a 2x15...

http://www.tec-amp.com/images/combos/s212.jpg

... turns out it's a 2x12 combo, and not too massive at 63 lbs.

There doesn't appear to be any US distribution yet, but their BadCab can be heard 'round the world. (2x15 + 2x12 + 4x10)

- Matt W.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Knucklehead Strings... Great small business acumen with a sense of humor.

I just wish they made "Ghetto Fabulous Fatboy Four-Banger Honky Honkers" or something for dudes like me.

And that amp is gnarly lookin... I kind wish it WAS a 2x15.... the world needs more old-school.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

The strings are cute, but chances are they're a repackaging of bulk strings made by someone else like GHS, which used to do short production runs for other companies to put their labels on. The difference would be in the playing, I reckon.

But once the lawyers get into it, it's all over...

:(

TecAmp brings back my days with the Acoustic 370, but since I don't own a '77 Impala or a similar land cruiser I'll have to pass on one of these. Nice vibe here.

Originally posted by Fred the bass player:

The strings are cute, but chances are they're a repackaging of bulk strings made by someone else like GHS, which used to do short production runs for other companies to put their labels on. The difference would be in the playing, I reckon.

Likely, but I b'lieve that if CMDN likes them, they must have the right amount of RaWWcK!
- Matt W.

Hey Guys Ryan From Knucklehead Strings here. My webguy told me about this post and I thought I would just drop a line and say Hi.

Hey CMDN send me an e-mail at ryan@knucklehead.com and I will get you some info about artist endorsemnet if you are interested.

Thought I would just answer some questions that came up.

We are not Repackaged GHS or anything. We are the cutting edge of Computer-Controlled Micro-Winding. That's string jargon for totally awesome. We Do own the Trademark and Copywright to knucklehead, but we don't plan on sueing our freind in washington making the awesome basses and guitars even though we are not affilaiated.

We are toatally independent which means we told GC and MF to shove it we are doning pretty well being in 1200 independantly owned stores nationwide. It's all about the indies

Sorry to rant if you have any questions e-mail me.

Thanks for dropping in Ryan!

I saw the strings on display at All About Music in Owasso, OK. The artwork got my attention. Thanks for letting us know that you roll your own... these forums are full of speculation about who's making strings for whom.

- Matt W.

Freakin' sweet...Don Banks Music carries them. Now I just have to talk myself into driving to that end of town. Traffic sucks down there.

Thanks for the lowdown, Ryan. Please pop in from time to time and keep us posted if anything interesting is happening with the company.

Archived