Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stingray and Gallien-Krueger

KukooBam

I just got a new Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II to go with my beautiful Stingray. The sound I'm getting is really awesome. I'm really happy with it but what are the people thinking with those preset sound suggestions in the manual???!!!! They really dont work that well. Has anybody got an idea about settings for the amp that they find works for them? I'd really welcome any input.
"I'm a real boy!" - Pinnochio

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my favorite players, Jim Sheppard of Nevermore, plays MM and GK also. I very much love the tone and sound he gets. I haven't a clue what his settings are, however. Check their website at www.nevermore.tv, listen to their songs and see if you hear what you are looking for as a reference. Good luck and welcome to the forums!

:wave:

-- Joe --

"If you think you're too old, then you are." --Lemmy Kilmister

"I have not seen a man who is not god already." --Austin Osman Spare

Originally posted by KukooBam:

I just got a new Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II to go with my beautiful Stingray. The sound I'm getting is really awesome. I'm really happy with it but what are the people thinking with those preset sound suggestions in the manual???!!!! They really dont work that well. Has anybody got an idea about settings for the amp that they find works for them? I'd really welcome any input.

I don't know anything about those things, but you are using my AVATAR !

:wave::D

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

I used a StingRay through a 400RB and an Ampeg SVT 4x10 cab for awhile. I found that boosting the Low-Mids and Hi-Mids a little, and cutting the Bass and the Treble set flat sounded quite nice for most any style of music.

Also, I activated the Mid-Contour switch, and left the Low and Hi Boost switches out.

From there, any other tonal adjustments were made from the StingRay's onboard tone controls.

I recommend taking plenty of time trying lots of different settings to find what works for you. When I bought a head, that's what I did.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks guys, I've been playing at a fest in South Africa this whole week, got a couple of nice ideas. I also found turning the bass down and keep the treble flat helps, especially playing with the contour and presence helps. And it also helps to0 spend time with the head. Thanks for the advice
"I'm a real boy!" - Pinnochio

Archived