Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new amp head/cab?

xWelcomeToInsanity

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do a search for Behringer. (see search button)

You will find that the majority of players here find their products to be crap and their business practices evil.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Opinions vary greatly...but, I think for about the same price, you could find a used Hartke head (which is decent) and a used Peavey cab (which are quite good). IMHO, both would be better quality, deliver the same or better sound quality, and you wouldn't lose your shirt when (not if) you decide to upgrade and resell it in the future. You might also want to look for some used Ashdown gear...I've never played any of it, but many folks seem to really like it and price-wise it seems like a real bargain.

In general, buy good stuff at used prices versus the cheapest stuff you can find new. It'll end up costing you about the same, but when you decide to sell and upgrade you won't lose a wad doing it. If you don't know what you like yet, then go play as much stuff locally as you can find until you figure it out. If you need something quick, at least buy decent stuff used so you can resell it easily when you do figure out what you want.

Use the search function and you'll find some pics of one of those Behringer cabs with blown Aluminum drivers. Would you like for that to happen to you while you're playing a gig somewhere? I didn't think so...

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Wow. I clicked on the Zoom 506 link in the Sam Ash add that started the thread; can't believe they're still selling that dinosaur. Not that it's a bad pedal, just that it's way old and resonably obsolete.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Yeah i totaly agree with Dave. I got a SWR workingman's 4x10 used for about $200 and its in very good cond. And for the cab you would probably need a more powerful head because the head runs at a max of 450W and the cab's RMS is way more. I've heard of guys trying to run 200W heads to that beast and blowing the speakers within minutes.
"Bass players go deeper."

Archived