Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help Me Fellow Bassists!

h364

Hi Every1, I Need To Buys A New Bass, I Have No Clue What To Get! I Have Around £250, $470, the things i thought would be ok were a epiphone thunderbird, of maybe a olp msuic man, or maybe even a peavey cirrus, or any suggestions or recommendations are very much needed, help me! Thanks Harrison

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone will be along soon to ask for more information-- what kind of music you play, what is your ability level, do you want four strings or five, etc..

And then someone else will come along to suggest the "search" function at the top of the screen-- this question gets asked at least once a week.

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but if I don't, somebody else will. . .

And welcome to the group! :wave:

Ed

I like my Epi Thunderbird. I use it as my primary fretted bass. It's good. Not fabulous, but in the price range, it's a good steady bass. I like the neck because it's pretty broad and flat, like a Fender neck. That is what I like about it.

But it does depend on what style of music you play, where/how often will you be playing it, what is your skill level, etc.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Hi, i play mostly rock, of all varieties accasionall pop and jazz but defintly mostly rock, well ive been playing bass two years now, i currently only have a squire limited speical p bass, and i require an "intermediate" bass if you know what im saying, like an expert bass being a fender, Also i need to get a loud rig, ive been looking at good second hand ashdowns ect, but i noticed the behringers they re cheap very loud and have everything i could possibly need and more, being only 13 i thought they are very good. Well Hope to hear from you soon. Harrison

The main consensus on this forum seems to be, Ashdown :thu: , Behringer :eek: .

You get what you pay for mostly, but can find some good deals on almost anything.

My vote is for the Ashdown. Also, you can get a good bass for $300 - $400, some used, some new.

Play as many as you can.

Try the search button at the top of the page. Not being a smart @$$, but ther are other threads that you can get info from. Type in something like the title you used for this thread.

Good luck - and welcome.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

13? Cool, I'm 12.

Are you going to be slapping at all?

And have you looked up reviews of the basses/equipment you are considering?

I find that what I'm looking for in reviews is a steady one. For example: I don't want a few excellent reviews and then some that say the thing is crap, it breaks on the first try. I look for a lot of reviews that say it's good.

I personally don't have trouble with my Thunderbird (James) very often. It has never really broken, it has a nice feel for me and a sound that is good for rock.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Don't buy a bass without trying out the Ibanez basses. To my knowlege the necks are the thinnest on the market while offering ample room to the upper registry, most models have fat humbuckers, and the prices are right up your alley.

"Some people are like "slinkies". They're not really good for anything;

but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a

flight of stairs."

Archived