Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Discovered a New Band!

jmrunning3

I was poking around in some album reviews and ran across one that gave a 10 to a group called Intronaut . The review mentioned Mastodon and jazz breakdowns. ??? Well, I checked out their album streaming (legally) here and I'm really enjoying it! I haven't investigated them enough yet, but the bassist plays fretless and the jazz interludes are really cool, I thought. Many of you might not care for the vocalist at all, but I think the music is excellent!

Thought I'd pass it on...

-- Joe --

"If you think you're too old, then you are." --Lemmy Kilmister

"I have not seen a man who is not god already." --Austin Osman Spare

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Intronaut is very cool. I did an album last year at the same place the recorded their new one. Did a show with them last fall and used their bass player's rig. Really nice guy, educated, metal, fun. I hope they get the attention they deserve.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Intronaut is very cool. I did an album last year at the same place the recorded their new one. Did a show with them last fall and used their bass player's rig. Really nice guy, educated, metal, fun. I hope they get the attention they deserve.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Congrats Mike now you are official a metalhead....

666 the number of the beast.....

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Originally posted by Mike Bear:

Seeing I'm a metalhead... can we celbrate my 666th post? sorry for the double...accident.

Way to go Mike, I reached the same milestone recently, and celebrated it by starting work on a Tony Bennett-style rendition of Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast - with horn sections and all. :D
(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Which songs have jazz?

I thought the same, I was only quoting what was said in the review I read. There are some "jazzy" sections in some of the songs; flavor I guess might better describe it.

-- Joe --

"If you think you're too old, then you are." --Lemmy Kilmister

"I have not seen a man who is not god already." --Austin Osman Spare

hmm..maybe I should break out Pat Boone "In A Metal Mood" ....Holy Diver by Dio is awesome with the backup famale singers. Actually I've been digging on the new Andy Timmons. Real one guitar vibe.

Oh and my thoughts on metal infused with Jazz. It's fusion infused for sure. The be all end all of those bands are Cynic with Sean Malone on bass. Yep same guy who did the most recent Jaco song book. Then he goes home and plays some death metal.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Archived