Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No direction home

dohhhhh6

Hey guys... it's been awhile since I've actually contributed to this group, so I'd like to well... contribute.

I've been a big jam band fan for the last 4 months and was into reggae a few months before that. But now, I'm enjoying blues/folk to the upmost degree (hence the subject, Zimmerman fans).

I've always been just scared of being unoriginal... or being "boring" or cliche. I've always been worried about not playing melodic enough of a line or yada, yada, yada. Having that said, blues/folk has just really been an awesome influence on me. Though minimalist and cliche playing is evident in all genres, it took good old blues to get to me. Sure swinging major triads aren't sexy, but they got teeth.

So I caution everyone that isn't confident in their abilities to play bass. Forget it. Just go out there, play your heart out, and sit in the phat, fat groove.

LadY

In Skynyrd We Trust

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a little scared on my first few URB performances this year, but after getting the word from a few other players I've decided to press on.

FDR was right, and so are you guys. :thu:

Archived