Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aria Sinsonido fretless anyone?

Gruuve

The other bassist at church just picked up one of these:

http://www.ariaguitars.com/int/03_products/pro_eb_as_690_b.html

I played it for a bit with headphones Sunday after service. This thing is ridiculously lightweight. He had the rails off of it (which I think looks better), but it's a bit hard to hold it steady, which is probably due to the lightweight AND small body. When I say lightweight, I really mean it...I could swear this thing didn't weigh more than 3 lbs. It sounded really good, at least through headphones. The tone control could take it from dull to bright, but even bright it seemed like it didn't quite have the...clackiness?...of piezo pickups. It was a bit weird not having a pickup to plant my thumb on, but I'd imagine that's something you can adapt to after a while. Definitely had a very upright-ish tone to it. I think my fellow bassist will probably be very happy with this.

The rails are just too weird for my tastes though. It reminds me of the Moses Graphite Key Bass (which is an absolutely killer bass, except for the aluminum rails).

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by basshappi:

That looks cool! You'll have to post some audio sometime.

Congrats on the new axe.

Not mine...the other bassist at church bought one. It was unusual and sounded really good, so I thought I'd post... :thu:

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived