Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lane Poor Wiring Diagram -- Help!!

rooster6550

I have a Lane Poor 2X1-AC preamp that I'd like to try out in a bass, but can't find a diagram for it. . . No clue as to what configurations are possible, etc. :confused:

If *anybody* out there has one and/or can send me a scan/photocopy of one, that'd be awesome. . . :P

I've searched the net, etc., but haven't been able to come up with one other than in in "passing" references. . . :mad:

Thanx a million. . .

"When it comes to havin' a good time, nothing beats 'fun'. . ."

-- Stefan Johnson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got a great preamp there, but unfortunately, no one has heard from Lane Poor in several years. Last I saw him was about eight or nine years ago.

It was supposed to be a unity preamp...just connect it between the pickup and the jack and it should do absolutely nothing other than give exactly what you put into it.

Originally posted by jeremy c:

It was supposed to be a unity preamp...just connect it between the pickup and the jack and it should do absolutely nothing other than give exactly what you put into it.

Jeremy, I don't understand. If it has unity gain

what's the use ...unless it has a lower output

impedance (current gain)?

Originally posted by Bobby LowTones:

Originally posted by jeremy c:

Jeremy, I don't understand. If it has unity gain

what's the use ...unless it has a lower output

impedance (current gain)?

That's it exactly, Bobby.

I know it's supposed to take what you put in and make it "bigger" coming out, but I just can't find a wiring diagram. . .For the life of me. . . :mad:

His (Lane Poor's) WebSite is still out there, archived somehow, but I can't seem to find a diagram on it. . .Dammit!. . .

And I'd like to find a 1X1-AC for sale somewhere, too, but "Good luck. . ." If anybody wknows where I can find one, I have lots of good stuff to trade, or can sell for cash. . .

Just don't want to hook the thing up ass-backwards and screw it up. I got it for inside of $200 off Ebay (a bargain nowdays) and probably won't get another, at that rate. . . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"When it comes to havin' a good time, nothing beats 'fun'. . ."

-- Stefan Johnson

Archived