Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A/B pedal dilemma

shandobass

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that the Radial Bassbone got a good review in a recent Bass Player mag.
My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

I went to True Tone in Santa Monica. Tried the Bassbone with a Roscoe Beck 5 string and a Tacoma 4 string fretless. The Bassbone does everything it is supposed to do. I was told the DI has a Jensen Transformer, not the case. It still sounds great. Now the only problem I want the Roscoe 5 & the Tacoma fretless. A couple of Acme cabs would not be too bad either.

I have used the Bassbone on two gigs. One outdoors, on a large stage and one in a club. I love the flexibility of having two channels with separate eq. Very good direct out; still will use my Demeter Preamp with tube and Jensen transformer that came with preamp.

It is so much easier to change instruments at a gig and not have make adjustments. What use to take 30-60 seconds is now less than 20. The unit is very quiet, event when I raise the boost or level. I am sure part of that is the because of the Demeter preamp. I tested the Bassbone with Agular and there definitely was more noise.

I have used the Bassbone on two gigs. One outdoors, on a large stage and one in a club. I love the flexibility of having two channels with separate eq. Very good direct out; still will use my Demeter Preamp with tube and Jensen transformer that came with preamp.

It is so much easier to change instruments at a gig and not have make adjustments. What use to take 30-60 seconds is now less than 20. The unit is very quiet, event when I raise the boost or level. I am sure part of that is the because of the Demeter preamp. I tested the Bassbone with Agular and there definitely was more noise.

Archived