Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mean Old World

Ross Brown

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Matt W:

Originally posted by Ross Brown:

I am untouchable today.

poke

poke

poke poke

poke

Touchable yet?

Glad you're having a good day. Congratulations to the fam!

:thu:
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Originally posted by Matt W:

Originally posted by Ross Brown:

I am untouchable today.

poke

poke

poke poke

poke

Don't make me stop this car!

I'll be one of the first to admit that when I am down I notice more "bad" things than anything else. Every little thing is an irritant. Is it age? I never used to be "down" but it seems the older I get, the more that seems to be the status quo.

-- Joe --

"If you think you're too old, then you are." --Lemmy Kilmister

"I have not seen a man who is not god already." --Austin Osman Spare

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

Originally posted by Nicklab:

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

And there's a little child inside all of us, mine is giving me indigestion.

Uck!!! That's just eliciting this disgusting image of some kind of malformed parasitic twin with a face popping somewhere out of your torso, like Kuato in Total Recall.
I have no desire to be a country singer though.
Why do I get the feeling I know what radio station you listen to in the morning?

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Dont get me started on people answering their cell phones during practice(I am a facist after all). That is normally an end to a jam session for me, unless they can explain that it was important. Otherwise I assume they are tied to a leash of some sort, not necessarily a significant other. After being in to many bands for 3 months only to have someone say they dont feel like they really want to play, I have started to take the hint early! Cell phones are on of them.

Answering one during a gig as a rehearsed thing reminds me somehow of pink floyd, maybe the bells on division bell. I would enjoy that as an audience member.

One thing I noticed makes me feel like crap is sugar. I hav e a ritual i follow before shows as far as what I don't injest. Its in bread, and almost everything you dont prepair yourself. After I eat sugar I feel like crap. WHo knows, maybe the saying, "you are what you eat" means something. Maybe this is where butcherNburn is coming from, but i dont want to eat children.

I agree cell phones answered at rehersal should come with an explaination. Could be reasonable ie I had a text that my kid was in a wreck. No one hurt. My wife just needed to share and not feel alone at the moment. Small price to pay for a wife that has no issues with me spending time at rehersal/gigs etc.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

The woman i am about to marry is very supportive also. I understand what you mean. She actually says things like, "if you need help buying something you need to play, i will be glad to help you." I still wonder if this is some sort of thrick:) but she means it. I'm glad your day is going better Ross.

Originally posted by dnkritr:

The woman i am about to marry is very supportive also. I understand what you mean. She actually says things like, "if you need help buying something you need to play, i will be glad to help you." I still wonder if this is some sort of thrick:) but she means it. I'm glad your day is going better Ross.

I thought it might be a "trick" also. Turns out I just married well. Good luck to you. I hope your new wife is as cool as mine.

Somewhere on the road to enlightenment a wise person once told me this: it's not what happens to you, but how you react to it.

Another one at another time told me: you get the right amount of junk you're able to handle.

I've grown to like this road I'm on; not perfect, but the scenery's nice. :wave:

Originally posted by thanny XIII:

Bottomgottem thank you for saying I'm ok I am honored.

Dammit, thanny, be quiet! I'm trying to use the phone!

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/P/htmlP/peeweespla/peeweesplaIMAGE/peeweespla.jpg

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

And congrats on the good day, Ross Brown.

I'd be much obliged if you could fill me in on that "daughters paying for their own college education" trick. :thu:

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Originally posted by Bottomgottem:

And congrats on the good day, Ross Brown.

I'd be much obliged if you could fill me in on that "daughters paying for their own college education" trick. :thu:

Not very tricky. I told them I wasn't willing/able to pay. Too much on my plate due to divorce from first wife and not willing to be in debt again. Suggested that 1) they wait, work and save their own money. 2) Join military. 3) Figure it out on their own.

By the way, when I taught in at the University of Houston, I noticed that the students that were paying their own way were much better students. Their priorities were different.

They applied for scholarships and loans and choose affordable colleges. They will have some debt when they finish, but not too bad. Initially they were pissed at me. Now they are proud of themselves. One even said thank you for making her do it on her own.

No trick, just luck.

I am paying for my own college, working and going to school. I agree, you get more out of it. But you miss out on the things people really go to college for because your so busy. What things do people go to college to do you ask? Drink, waking up in strangers beds, skipping class to cruise and go to the lake. You know, social gromming.

:)

Let's see -

It's all a state of mind. Nobody can be mean unless you are open to it.

I put myself through college - anyone who suffers misfortune due to stupidity on their part deserves it - my inner child is a bellowing drunk.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Originally posted by mattulator:

Let's see -

It's all a state of mind. Nobody can be mean unless you are open to it.

Agree

Archived