Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Calling NOLA... report, please. Over.

Jode

I'm going to Jazzfest. I just love saying those words, so let me say them again: I'm going to Jazzfest.

So Connie, et.al., where do y'all play Thursday - Sunday? I probably won't want to stop boogieing after the fairgrounds shut down. Where can I go see some Lowdown family live? I have a credit card and a rental car, and I'm seeking to contribute to the storm recovery by spending an assload of money on myself in pursuit of a good time. Which of you will be available for me to pay a cover charge during the Second Weekend?

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jode:

I'm going to Jazzfest. I just love saying those words, so let me say them again: I'm going to Jazzfest.

So Connie, et.al., where do y'all play Thursday - Sunday? I probably won't want to stop boogieing after the fairgrounds shut down. Where can I go see some Lowdown family live? I have a credit card and a rental car, and I'm seeking to contribute to the storm recovery by spending an assload of money on myself in pursuit of a good time. Which of you will be available for me to pay a cover charge during the Second Weekend?

Hi Jode! I am so glad you are coming to N'Awlins! We need every single money-spending person in the world to come and see us! And I'll love to get to meet you in person. :thu:

My first question for you is whether you know about the dates this year. Here is their site: http://www.nojazzfest.com/

They are operating for fewer days this year, due to that witch we call Katrina! :mad::D

My band is dormant right now, so I can't invite you to any gigs! But we have a new LowDowner "rockboxbass" who plays in the French Quarter. Here is a link to his thread. You may want to PM him, because he is new to the forum, and I don't know how often he makes it here to read the posts.

I have not met him yet, so if you want to go see his band, I'll be glad to go and meet him too.

There are usually many clubs around town who feature great nightly performances during Jazz Fest, I'll try to see who is open, this year.

I'll be glad to meet you out at a club to listen if you are looking for company, or if you just want to hook up for coffee or something, I am up for that too. I am very flexible. And of course, I am always happy to meet for food, although we are really strapped for restaurants right now. About 80-90% are still closed. And my offer for homemade Seafood/Okra/File' Gumbo always stands. I haven't made any in a long time, and I've been craving it!

I'll try to see if I can round up any other local LowDowners, although believe it or not, there are not too many! Shocking I know! I guess the other bass players around here aren't as computer addicted as I am, although since Katrina, they've probably mostly lost their computers.

So, thanks for thinking about us, and thanks for being willing to come and and spend your money (and hopefully have a great time in the process.)

... connie z

PS If you want a personal driving tour of the devestation... I can do that too.

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Thanks, Connie. I'd love a homemade gumbo - sign me up! I am there to do three things more than any other: eat, smile, and dance!

As for a tour of the destruction, I'm volunteering for a couple of days with my friend's church charity in Gulfport earlier in the week. I'm flying into Gulfport, driving to Florida to visit my folks, and going to Jazzfest, so between those things, I'll get a first hand look. Remember the St. Charles apartments in Biloxi, where a couple dozen people were killed? I used to live next door, in what used to be a very solid-looking red brick building with a huge live oak out front. Now it's a foundation with a stump in front. It's going to be weird seeing it all firsthand.

I'm looking forward to my trip on a couple of levels.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

That is so super nice that you are going to go help out. Everyone around this Gulf area needs all the help that people are willing to give.

This is truly historic. Unprecendented and historic. Sights that I hope people will never have to see again... although you know how Mother Nature is... we'll see it again sooner than we want to!

I am going to send you a PM with my contact info. When it starts getting closer, lets communicate and set something up.

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Archived