Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Down Under Lowdowners- are you there?

Danzilla

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not this old bugger. My impression is that the regular Aussie posters are from Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. The area hit (south of Cairns) is lightly populated by European and USA standards.

Last night's news said there were no known fatalities, although there seemed to be a fair amount of property damage. The residents might be more worried about running out of XXXX and Bundy!

Thanks for your concern dz.

XXXX = brand of beer. (Us southern state ppl reckon it tastes like xxxx as well.)

Bundy = Bundaburg Rum

Epi EB-3

G-K Backline 600

2 x Eden EX112

Thanks, guys! I'm down in Melbourne & have been, so no storms anywhere near me.

(Mind you, mail-ordering that blueburst Ric just might kick one up more locally!) :idea:

On a more serious note, do keep folks in Queensland in your thoughts. It sounds like this was a very big hit.

Hasn't rained much around here for a few months...Parkes,NSW

My old man built a cyclone proof house in Townsville in '78 -- no cyclones since!

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

I have friends at Airlie beach which is pretty close to Cairns, they are ok, but did get a bit of a scare

its been estimated at about a Billion dollars in damage so far

anyway I pay too much tax in Sydney to be affected by any form of bad weather down here...yes yes, spoken like a true liberal

I dont think we have any Queenslanders in the LDLD do we?

no beer until July 1

Luckily the cyclone hit a chain of small towns and farms not a populated built up City, not to discount the impact on the people it has affected it can not be compared to loss of life and total devastation that you lived through Connie

One thing I can say though our government response has been quite good, the Premier (Governor) for QLD declared it a disaster zone within the first 24 hours and has been staying up at one of the worst hit areas, also the federal government has already put pressure on the insurance companys to act as quickly as possible

no beer until July 1

Originally posted by Aussie bass dude:

I have friends at Airlie beach which is pretty close to Cairns, they are ok, but did get a bit of a scare

its been estimated at about a Billion dollars in damage so far

anyway I pay too much tax in Sydney to be affected by any form of bad weather down here...yes yes, spoken like a true liberal

I dont think we have any Queenslanders in the LDLD do we?

Qlder here long way from the trouble though...

Live in Brisbane.....

Archived