Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm so happy..........

thabottomend

Sorry folks, but I gotta get this off my chest.

I have been playing bass for about 25 years, but I never took lessons until recently. I had always played by ear, but along the way I learned just enough theory to know where I should go next (usually) and to really get myself in over my head if I talked to anybody who knew anything about musical composition.

I am proud enough of myself to say that last week I learned a piece of music strictly from the sheet without ever hearing it played. It was Minuetto I by Bach. It's relatively easy, but like I said, it was the first time I have ever done that. I am now working on three other Bach pieces for next month's lesson. I have a long way to go, but the first step is behind me now. :cool:

I usually don't toot my own horn, but I just have to this time.

And Kasey Kahne won the race at Atlanta today. :thu:

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow jeremyc...just wow.

but congrats on that. I was on my way to learning how to read music when i was in my school's jazz band last semester...but when the semester ended, i no longer had any use for reading in any of my playing situations. I'm pretty sure that i've lost it.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Nice work TBE...the first few steps are always the most difficult. Just about everything is all uphill after you get those first few steps out of the way!

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived