Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT -- march madness.

rumpelstiltskin.

My Salukis were bounced in the first round by a way underseeded West Virginia team. How those guys could be a 6 seed after having everyone back from a team that missed the final four by a last second basket is beyond me. I think they got WV and Tennessee backwards. Looks like old Silly Wacker will be eating some major crow after his nationally televised hissy fit about the Missouri Valley Conference. Half their teams are still in it and the so-called Big Ten is watching on TV. What Billy didn't seem to realize is that the reason the MVC isn't playing a lot of BCS conference teams is that the BCS teams are ducking them. Anyone else think Texas will be there at the end?

www.ethertonswitch.com

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody around these parts will be surprised if Bradley beats Memphis, we played them three times this year (and won twice); they're only a 13 seed because they're from the MVC and lost their tournament final to a very young SIU team. I went with Texas from the revenge angle, and improved guard play. The conventional wisdom is having a tougher time than usual this year, as Kansas, Iowa, Tennessee, and the Big 10 well know. Too bad for the little guys that GM and Wichita have to play each other.

www.ethertonswitch.com

I picked Texas to beat 'nova in the final, but I don't feel very good about them getting past LSU. That freshman guard needs some stern admonition about forcing those awful shots. And I still can't believe Gonzaga, but then I had Kansas going deep in that bracket. I'd bet the farm on the Huskies winning tonight, though ;)

www.ethertonswitch.com

I was done anyway, but LSU delivered my personal coup de grace. I knew Duke was to obvious a pick, but as usual, I thought too much.

I love this tournament, even though I haven't won squat since I had Michigan in '89.

Push the button Frank.

Originally posted by dcr:

Aw, crap.

Well, it was a sweet run to the Sweet 16! :thu:

WSU helped represent the mid-majors well. Methinks Jim Nantz and Billy Wacker be a little more conservative in their comments before next year's tournament. :D Vitale had it right,the little guys can play. UConn knows.

www.ethertonswitch.com

yeah, i think GMU being in the final 4 after beating uconn twice, er, should be proof that the teams that were in belonged in, and every year there are teams that have a legitimate claim to be in that get left out. this happens every year. but this year, even the top teams looked beatable durign the regular and postseason, so it's not inconceivable what happened.

i will say that i am surprised florida is doing this well. i really thought they feasted on a weak early schedule and weak SEC. turns out i was wrong about that. actually, it's funny to me because i'm a big ten fan and thought the SEC was really weak this year. my brother was really down on the pac 10 for being really weak. but the final four is two teams from the SEC, one from the pac 10, and one from the CAA. i guess this means last year was a fluke and i truly don't know anything about sports.

i scored two goals in my indoor soccer game last night, so i must be doing something right.

robb.

* I'd rather UCLA never won another NCAA title. :eek: They have too many as is! I mean, can anybody ever catch up to them? Even Kentucky?

* Congrats to the SEC for taking half the remaining seats! Will it be all SEC in the final game? (The Big Ten didn't make it happen when they had 3 Final Four seats.)

* Certainly would stir things up if George completed the Cinderella story.

* I wouldn't mind seeing the Tigers take it all.

OT: In other news, my Spartans couldn't get by Maine to make it to the Frozen Four. And Duke sent the women home after a Sweet Sixteen showing. (Note that the Lady Tigers are still in it, and there's a chance LSU could take home both.)

I can't say I'm a big spring season fan, so this means next up for me is football, and that's been a heartbreaker in recent years.

I don't follow this roundball stuff, but I saw parts of some games this weekend. What excellent games! I saw the UCONN men loose and the UCONN women win. I saw some other games while at a family party (so I wasn't paying attention), but the competition and talent and quality were great!

Robb - nice on the goals.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

It's been fun watching the games, the women's games as well as the men's games.

I'm out of contention...none of my picks made it to the final four. In my "family pool", my nephew's wife is going to win, which is reasonable to expect since she is a former professional player.

At tonight's game, I will be playing with Adama...we play Jewish music of various kinds, Israeli, Mizrachi (Middle Eastern), and Klemer (Eastern European).

Of cours I remember World B. Free. I remember all the Warriors players. The good ones get traded away and then come back with a new team and light up the Warriors for 50 points. We could probably come up with an all star team and an all-time all star team of former Warriors.

When Robert Parrish was a Warrior, he sat in front of me at the Berkeley Jazz Festival one year. I couldn't see a thing for the whole show.

But trading him to the Celtics (along with the draft rights to Kevin McHale) for Joe Barry Carroll was the beginning of the end for our team.

But trading him to the Celtics (along with the draft rights to Kevin McHale) for Joe Barry Carroll was the beginning of the end for our team.

D A M N ! ! ! :eek: That had to hurt.

I am glad Villanova is out, especially after cheating in the Big East Tournament against Rutgers.

I like the teams in this final four. Should be fun to watch. At this point, there are no solid expectations, which is why elimination play is so exciting. I read that only 4 people out of millions that submitted brackets to ESPN.com picked this final four. That says something, eh?

yeah. i was fine with florida beating villanova, making me a solid 25% in the final 4. but i'm a GMU fan all the way. it feels ok to be felled by a team that went to the final 4. to lose to the eventual champion soothes the sting of going out in the first round.

RBG -- wayne state actually did a respectable job in the CHA tournament. they're not to a competetive level yet, but they'll get there in time. michigan state did a lot better this year than anyone expected. despite losing seniors, i am very excited for next year's team.

i wouldn't mind seeing LSU win it all, either.

robb.

I seem to remember lots of experts getting on the "this could be the year that all four #1 seeds make it to the final four" bandwagon. Florida has been a stealth team for the whole tournament and the other thing that jumps out is the youth of the remaining teams. I think UCLA is the oldest with two seniors strating. The good news is that there should be a wider representation of leagues next year instead of ninth place in the Big East getting an at large bid.

www.ethertonswitch.com

So I played at the Warriors game last night. I played power forward and got 16 rebounds, 4 blocked shots and 7 assists. :D

True to form, two ex-Warriors, Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison combined for 71 points to defeat Golden State.

Actually I played the bass. ;)

Here's the evidence:

http://members.aol.com/jeremyzone3/adama.JPGhttp://members.aol.com/jeremyzone3/meandthunder.JPG

Archived