Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Great Deal (maybe)

fingertalkin

Searching through craigslist and came across this bass. Looks like a Fender to me. I would assume it would say this on the headstock, but I can't see it in the picture. What do you guys/gals think. Sorry, I tried to get the picture only, but couldn't do it. So here is the link http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/msg/140564424.html

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Definitely NOT a Fender; but could be a decent knock-off. Interesting pickup choice on it. If you're really interested, make sure you can try it out, preferably through your own rig, before you plunk down any cash. And don't expect to get any more than you paid for it when/if you sell it. Also, might want to invest in a gig bag rather than rely on the chipboard case; your call on that based on how much traveling it will do.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Thanks Danzilla. I don't know much about the different kinds of basses to tell them apart besides the obvious. I mainly try to tell by the pickguard. I went looking at musicians friend to see if I could find one that looked similar. To me it just resembled an old P-bass. On musicians friend, the one that resembled it the most had a chrome cover over the pickup so I could not see if it was the same. I appreciate the advice, I was hoping I found a diamond in the rough.

Don't write it off as a POS, if you're still looking for another bass. Give it a try; it might be more "valuable" playing wise than price-wise. Yes, it's designed after a Fender, but it's not a real Fender. Try it; it might speak to you and be useful to you. Or could be the basis of your first customizing project.

A friend of mine as an old Japanese- made Jazz copy; I've plaid it and it's not the same as a Fender Jazz, but not bad on it's own for what it is. If I were to want to buy it/use it, I'd make a few upgrades; but it's decent as is.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I didn't mean to come off that way. It's just that I don't have the money right now to solve my GAS pains, but if this was like a $1000 bass for a bill, then my kids... uh I mean I could have sacrificed for it. I dunno, if they reply to me, I'll go check it out. As soon as I saw it, I thought it was a good looking bass. Don't really need another one. I really need to upgrade my rig.

Archived