Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So... any actually like mirrored pickguards?

dohhhhh6

Hey guys!

I've been searching for bass #3 (but more like first awesome bass), and I've come into quite a few basses that have this thing called a mirrored pickguards. For anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's a pickguard with a material that reflects it's surroundings, i.e. mirrored pickguard.

So I've been wandering, has anyone ever found a bass that this actually looks good on? Most likely, it's just not to my liking, but who knows? Maybe it looks really smoking on a certain fish.

Anyone actually seen a good lookin' mirrored pickguard on a bass? Do share!

In Skynyrd We Trust

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen an actual glass mirror pickguard. One that is chromed is not all that rare.

I remember Steve Harris from Iron Maiden had a Fender-P with a chromed pick guard. Couldn't find a good pic of that one.

This one is from the Sadowsky website.

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/images/4194_body.jpg

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

I think a pickguard made from a thin piece of a nice grade of aluminium polished to a mirror like finish and then clear coated would be nice. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

I believe Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy had a pair of Fender Precisions with mirrored pickguards AFAIK.

Cheers

Newf :)

The Steve Vai Ibanez Jem is the first guitar I've seen with a mirrored pickguard that looked halfway decent. By the way, they never look right after the very first fingerprint.

"For instance" is not proof.

I have one on my Jazz V. I think it looks quite fetching especially with the addition of chrome knobs. The pickguard is clear acrylic with a mirror backing.

http://www.lizzydaymont.com/images/jazz/PurpleJazzV/fenderjazzV_full_angle_opt.jpg

I was actually sort of emulating the look of the above pictured Sadowsky, which I just love.

Archived