Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Repenting for my sins

EddiePlaysBass

Well, without going into details: I've acted like a child in the past, and it's caught up with me. Another reminder that nobody is perfect, least of all me.

I will take the responsability for what I have done (what choice do I have?) and will walk away a better man, knowing where I went wrong and what I can do to improve myself and my character.

But sometimes it hurts to find out what the darker sides of your personality really are ...

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave:

There are no perfect people on the planet. Ask everyone involved for forgiveness (including yourself), learn from you mistakes, and move on.

Cheers bud,

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

I can't say I know what this is regarding..........But, I will say I know that nobody's perfect and I've had many lessons teach me that I'm far from it. I don't let it bring me down, but I try to let the experiences lessons shine through in all of my subsequent actions.

And Yes it hurts to find out what the darker sides of your personality really are......but it's better than ignorance in that respect.

I don't know what this is about, either, but I'll say, be glad you found out now. Some of my mistakes have taken me years to recognize, and by that time, it's hard to change, & there's not much to be done about what's been lost. This could be an occasion for real thankfulness.

Some of my mistakes have taken me years to recognize, and by that time, it's hard to change, & there's not much to be done about what's been lost.
I would echo this well spoken sentiment.

One thing to realize (as hard as it seems) is that there is a lesson and new opportunity presented to us with every "mistake" that we are willing to admit. Often life situations keep us from knowing who we really are and when we find out that we are less than perfect we can be faced with crisis of the soul. If you know this it is possible to hold it, look at it, come to terms with it and then let it go .

There are enough tortured souls in this world already dude. Be happy that at least you know your shortcomings.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived